Action | Focus on Uterine Cancers

This page is a shortcut to all our information on uterine cancer. Here survivors share their experience living with uterine cancers and sarcomas. Don't forget to check other areas of the site, too -- we can learn a lot from survivors of other gyn cancers!

When the term "uterine cancer" is used, it is usually understood to mean "endometrial cancer," as 95% of cancers of the uterus originate in the endometrial lining. The remaining 5% cancers of the uterus are usually "sarcomas" originating either in the myometrium muscle of the uterine wall (leiomyosarcoma) or the stroma tissue just below the endometrial lining (endometrial stromal sarcoma). We have tried to include stories of both endometrial cancer and some of the rarer sarcomas, as well.

Stories of uterine cancer survivors

Endometrial cancer

Uterine (endometrial) papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC)

Uterine sarcoma

Tell your uterine cancer story! You can help many women feel less alone! Send your story or questions about writing your story to our Story Editor.

Frequently Asked Questions about uterine cancer

Endometrial and Uterine Cancer

Treating uterine cancer

Surgery - Hysterectomy, oophorectomy

Preparing for surgery:

Radiation

Chemotherapy

Follow up Care after uterine cancer treatment

Life after Uterine Cancer

Answers from the Pros about uterine cancers

Resources for learning more about uterine cancers

Getting active about uterine cancer

Talk about uterine cancer